Having knowledge of making a USB Drive bootalbe can come in handy especially when you want to use a live CD or to install an operating system to a computer which has no CD/DVD drive or one with a faulty CD/DVD drive but has working USB ports.
Below are the required tools for this tutorial
- A flash disk / memory card (Preferably 8GB though a 4GB can also work depending on the Windows 7 image size)
- A windows 7 image file (Preferably .iso format)
- A windows PC (XP and above)
- Power ISO (This can be downloaded from here )
- Insert your USB drive (Remember to copy off your important data as the drive will be formatted) .
- Open power ISO with administrative rights (Right click power ISO icon and select run as administrator).
- When power ISO opens, click Tools then click Create bootable USB Drive and window will open, browse for the Source Image File which is your windows 7 image
- Then select the USB drive to make bootable
- LeaveWrite Method selected to USB-HDD
- Click Start to begin creating the bootable USB drive
- Once the process completes successfully, then your USB drive is bootable and can be used to boot any pc that supports booting from USB